One of the main advantages of using elementor is the ability to import page templates, or blocks with one click. Thus, starting from a model we can create websites quickly. Once imported, all that remains is to replace the content with your own. In this article, we will see 3 ways about how to use elementor templates in your site. So let’s start:
What is the difference between an elementor theme and an elementor template?
Themes and templates should not be confused. To use elementor templates, whatever happens, you need a WordPress theme. Elementor works with almost any theme, but there is a mostly blank, free theme available from elementor called Hello Theme. This allows you to start from scratch. If you already have a theme that you like, that’s okay, the following procedures will be the same.
Use a Template via the Elementor Library
Whether you are in the free or pro version, you have a library of models. The only difference is you have more in the pro version.
- Create an elementor page- Once the creation space clicks on the ‘Add a template’ icon in the center of the page.
2. Browse the list of models- In the ‘page’ tab, you can view the model a little larger by clicking on it, add a model to your favorites by clicking on the heart. In the block tab, you will find elements or sections already designed.
3. Click on insert once the model has been chosen. The layout downloads to your page, you just have to adapt everything to your content. It’s really very simple, but don’t overdo it as all of the template images upload to your media library, consider deleting them if you are not using them.
Use Elementor Templates via Envato Element
Envato element is a free plugin that allows you to get hundreds of elementor templates. They are simply kits of models with several pages for dozens of different themes.
- Install the Envato Element plugin- In the ‘extensions’ part of your WordPress administration. Extensions> Add> search Envato Element and click install> Activate. If you already have an account on the Envato platform, all you need to do is log in. Otherwise, create your account. You can also download it from here.
2. Browse the Envato element library in the plug-in settings- The free models are in the second part. When you click on one of them, you have a preview of the different pages offered.
3. Choose one of the pages by clicking on it- On the right side, you have 2 possibilities: either import the template into your elementor template list or create a page with this template.
4. Once the model has been imported on the page, you have the possibility of directly accessing it.
5. Change the page format- In the elementor settings at the bottom left(Nut icon). In page template select ‘elementor full page’. All you have to do is customize the template.
If you haven’t found what you are looking for in the elementor template library or Envato element, you have the option of importing a template.
In this case, you should have on your computer a .json or a .zip file corresponding to this model. So you can import the file, either directly on a page, or in the ‘Templates’ part of the elementor.
You May Also Read: How to Create a Stunning Gallery in WordPress
Import a Model into the List of Models:
If you don’t yet know which page of your site you are going to use the template on, you can import it into elementor templates first. So you can build your list, and then apply them to the pages of your choice. The models in question can be:
- Pages (free version)
- Sections (free version)
- Headers (pro version)
- Footers (pro version)
- Widgets (pro version)
- Popups (pro version)
- Product sheets (pro + WooCommerce version)
Templates> Import Templates
Apply Elementor Templates to a Page
Once the model has been imported, it will appear in the ‘my models’ tab, when you click on the ‘folder’ icon of your elementor page.
Using the Template Shortcode
Each model is assigned a shortcode, you can copy-paste the one in your elementor page to use it.
Use Conditions ( Pro Version )
In the pro version of elementor, you can create/import templates for headers, footers, popups, widgets. On this type of content, you will be able to give display conditions, example: you want this header to be displayed on the home page only or on a specific page.
- Include or exclude content
- On the whole site or on a specific page
- Choice of page
As you can see, elementor is really powerful with its model system, especially in the pro version. The possibilities are endless if used wisely. It’s simple, with the pro version, you can practically create your own WordPress template without entering a single line of code. If you have any queries, feel free to notify us. You can also share your experience by commenting in the comment box.